Process-related papers and reports: RUP, OpenUP, etc.
Note on July 10, 2012: Apple has closed MobileMe where I had all my files. I have now put them here in WordPress, and reorganized this page. But some were either lost or superseded by more recent ones. And the URLs are different…
- Ph. Kruchten, “A plea for lean process models,” ICSPP 2011. PDF
- Ph. Kruchten, “A Conceptual Model of Software Development,” submitted to the SEMAT Initiative. PDF
- Ph. Kruchten, “Contextualizing Agile Software Development,” Paper presented at the EuroSPI 2010 conference in Grenoble, Sept.1-3, 2010, pp.?? in the proceedings. PDF
- Ph. Kruchten, “Voyage in the Agile Memeplex: Agility, Agilese, Agilitis, Agilology,” ACM Queue vol.5 (5), pp.38-44, July/August 2007. (free)
- H. Obbink, P. Kruchten, W. Kozaczynski, R. Hilliard, A. Ran, H. Postema, D. Lutz, R. Kazman, W. Tracz, and E. Kahane: Report on Software Architecture Review and Assessment (SARA), Version 1.0. At http://kruchten.com/philippe/architecture/SARAv1.pdf. February 2002.
- R. Kazman, P. Kruchten, R. Nord, and J. Tomayko, Integrating Software Architecture-Centric Methods into the Rational Unified Process. Technical Report #CMU/SEI-2004-TR-011, Pittsburgh, PA: Software Engineering Institute, 2004.
- Ph. Kruchten, “The Nature of Software–What’s so special about software engineering?,” presented at International Conference on the Sciences of Design — The Scientific Challenge for the 21st Century — In honour of Herbert Simon, Lyon, France, 2002. PDF
- Y. Hsieh, Ph. Kruchten, and E. MacGregor, “Matching expectations—When culture wreaks havoc with global software development,” presented at Work Beyond Boundaries: An International Conference on Tele-mediated Employment and its Implications for Urban Communities, UBC, Vancouver, BC, 2006. PDF
- Ph. Kruchten, “Processus de développement du logiciel,” in: Encyclopédie de l’informatique et des systèmes d’information, vol. 1, section 10, J. Akoka and I. Comyn-Wattiau (eds.) Paris: Vuibert, 2007, pp. 1059-1069.
This is a series of articles I wrote the Rational Edge, a Rational Software e-zine, now hosted at www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/rationaledge/ . Most of these are related to RUP. A few are on architecture.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Scaling down projects to meet the Agile sweet spot,” August 2004.
- P. Szymkowiak and Ph. Kruchten, “Testing: the RUP philosophy,” in The Rational Edge, February 2003.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Planning an iterative project,” The Rational Edge, October 2002.
- P. Kruchten, “How the Rational Unified Process Supports ISO 12207,” The Rational Edge, August 2002.
- Ph. Kruchten, “A Software Development Process for a Team of One,” The Rational Edge, February 2002.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Agility with the RUP,” The Rational Edge, January 2002.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Going over the waterfall with RUP,” The Rational Edge, September 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Software Maintenance Cycles with the RUP,” The Rational Edge, August 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “The Nature of Software: What’s So Special About Software Engineering?” The Rational Edge, 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Using the RUP to Evolve a Legacy System,” The Rational Edge, May 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “Common misconceptions about Software Architecture,” The Rational Edge, April 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “The Tao of the Software Architect,” The Rational Edge, March 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “What Is the Rational Unified Process?” The Rational Edge, January 2001.
- Ph. Kruchten, “From Waterfall to Iterative Development-A tough transition for project managers,” The Rational Edge, 2000.